Blackened Shrimp Linguini
Click here for Omar's
Blackened Shrimp Linguini Recipe!
Fried Green Tomatoes
Click here for Celestia's
Fried Green Tomatoes!
Mojo Roasted Pork Sandwiches
- 4 ounces grape seed oil
- 3 red onions, julienned
- 3 green peppers, julienned
- 10 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Publix diced tomatoes with chilies, drained
- 1 cup Publix Mojo marinade
- 4 pounds Publix Deli Mojo roasted pork, shredded
- 8 ounces Fontina cheese, sliced
- 3 Cuban loaves, sliced lengthwise
- 2 (5 ounce) bottles pickapeppa sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) bags shredded lettuce
Preheat a large sauté pan with grape seed oil over medium heat. Add red onions, green peppers and garlic, cook stirring for about 5-7 minutes or until vegetables become soft.
Add diced tomatoes and Mojo marinade, cook until liquid has been reduced by half. Add shredded Mojo pork and cook until the pork is heated through and almost all of the liquid has been absorbed into the pork.
Open the sliced Cuban loaves and evenly lay the slices of Fontina cheese onto the bread. Spoon warm Mojo pork mixture onto the bread. Drizzle pickapeppa sauce over the pork. Top sandwich with shredded lettuce, slice sandwiches into 20 portions and serve.
Carbonara ala Grayson Schmitz
|Makes 8 servings
- ¼ cup Butter
- 8 slices of Pancetta, sliced ¼ inch thick and diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ t. Salt
- 2 T. cream (to add to the yolks)
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup Chicken Stock
- ¼ cup EVOO
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, micro planed
- ½ cup Pecorino cheese, micro planed
- Fresh ground Back Pepper
- 1 cup Fresh English Peas, shelled and blanched
- 1 Pound Angel Hair Pasta/Capellini
- 2 cups Pea Shoots for garnish
- 6 thin Slices Procuitto, cut into quarters & slow baked
1. In a large sauté pan over medium heat, render the
pancetta in the butter. A few minutes later add the onion. Cook until
the pancetta is just beginning to get color and the onion is soft and
2. Add the salt and heavy whipping cream. Reduce until the mixture is thick, be careful not to scorch.
3. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water. Add the pasta to the cream mixture and cook for a few minutes.
4. Add the chicken stock, liaison (2 T. cream and yolks) EVOO and cheeses. Mix off the heat.
For the procuitto chips: Drizzle the strips of procuitto with EVOO and
bake at 300 degrees with a sil pad on top, to keep it flat, until the
procuitto is chip like.
5. Add the blanched peas to the pasta. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
Top with pea shoots and a small piece of Procuitto chip.
Yigit’s Meyer Lemon Pound Cake
All Purpose Flour
Meyer Lemon Zest
1 ¾ cups
1 ¾ cup + 2 Tablespoons
1. Pre- heat the oven to 350 degrees F and allow eggs to come to room temperature.
2. Butter and flour a baking pan.
3. In an electric mixer with whisk attachment, whisk the eggs, sugar and lemon zest until it reaches full volume and light airy peaks.
4. Sift together the dry ingredients.
5. Gently fold the melted butter into the whipped eggs being careful not to over mix.
6. Alternate adding the sifted dry ingredients and heavy cream being very careful not to over mix.
7. Gently pour the batter into the baking pan and place into the oven.
8. If using a convection oven: bake with fan on at 350 until the cake rises and has a brown color crust. Rotate the cake pan to bake evenly and test done-ness with a skewer.
9. Unmold onto a cooling rack, cool completely before slicing.